Google Geocoding API error: The request was denied.
Norwich and Central Norfolk Mind
We are an innovative and experienced mental health service provider in Norwich and Central Norfolk. Our main purpose is to make effective support available to people with (or those who are at a risk of) mental ill-health and in doing so improve individual and community resilience to stress.
We are affiliated with Mind and form a part of a national federation of independent organisations called Local Mind Associations.
An excellent-rated (by the care quality commission) residential recovery programme for people with severe, enduring and complex mental health problems. It is a 14 bed unit with an integrated recovery based day programme and outreach service.
A mobile team offering both short term and long term psychological and practical support to people suffering mild mental ill health to complex diagnosed conditions.
We offer a horticultural programme for people with mental health problems and carers. This involves training, physical outside work and good fun.
Wellbeing Services - We deliver a range of psychological interventions into primary care for people with depression and anxiety. This is part of the national programme of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT).
Low Cost Counselling Service – LCCS is a low cost, direct access counselling service offering a range of therapies to people with a wide range of mental health problems.
Learn with Us
We provide a program of accredited and bespoke workshops to anyone interested in learning more about mental health. Within this program we look at youth, adult and workplace mental health and wellness.
Mental Health Support Line - a flexible, primarily out of hours (4pm-Midnight weekdays, 10am-Midnight weekends) service, offering emotional support, de-escalation, signposting and practical assistance over the telephone to current and former users of NSFT and Wellbeing services. Available via the Freephone number 08088 020288.
Mental Health Liaison Support Service
An informal community-based first contact with mental health services for those who have recently been discharged from the NNUH, following a mental health crisis (such as an overdose, episode of deliberate self-harm, or suicidal thoughts). Contact with the client is usually made within 4 working days of the service receiving the referral. Each client is offered 6-8 weeks of one-to-one signposting and emotional support. Support workers will also help clients with any paperwork or forms, make referrals to longer-term support agencies, and attend initial appointments with their clients to ensure that links have been well established.
Service for people with Border-Line Personality Disorder.
You can join by self-referral or someone else can refer you
It involves a Life Skills Programme to help you deal with the challenges a Personality Disorder can bring. Interpretation and translation services can be arranged by staff, for users of this service. Home visits are provided by this service, via Outreach.
Please note that there are costs for some services.
1. Wellbeing service- is a free service funded by NHS Norfolk for clients aged 16 or over. It is acounty wide service provided by the NSFT, Norwich and Central Norfolk Mind and West Norfolk Mind among other organisations. It provides a single point of access to a wide range of psychological services. We provide brief 8 session counselling, an older persons' guided self help service and supporting a Mind Mental Health First Aid community.
To find out more contact Psychological Services Manager on 01603 629 432
2. Gateway Counselling- is a low cost service offering an open ended counselling to anybody 16 or over. An assessment is undertaken before counselling can begin. We charge £10 for the assessment and £20 per counselling session thereafter. Low income is considered in assessment and fees maybe reduced if appropriate to do so.
To find out more contact Gateway Counselling Coordinator on 01603 432 457
3. Credentialled Therapy- is a scheme in which we work with fully qaulified private therapists. We provide assistance and support to the therapist and seek to match their expertise with clients expressing a desire to purchase talking therapies. Clients can choose who they want to work with. The fee ranges from £30- £45 per session, there is no limit to number of sessions and the client can choose the place of sessions.
To find out more contact Psychological Services Manager on 01603 629 432.
1. Mind First Aid- aims to tackle stigma, lack of understanding and support, isolation around mental health by focusing on learning, community and volunteering. The project offers Mental Health First Aid training, Associate and volunteering opportunities.
To find out more contact the Mind First Aid team on 01603 432 457
2. WellBusiness- supports organisational and individual mental health and wellbeing. Our services include Mental health and wellbeing consultancy, training and practice development, workplace wellbeing programme, employee assistance, complementay therapies, counselling and employer and employee well being development.
To find out more about the training and services and costs contact WellBusiness coordinator on 01603 432 457.
1. Community Development Programme- Funded by the Norwich, North and South Norfolk CCGs the Community Development Programme works with Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in Central Norfolk to help improve their mental health experiences and outcomes. We provide a range a services from learning opportunities to helping access culturally sensitive services for BME clients. Community Development Workers can also help service providers in improving their cultural competency, increasing the no of BME clients accessing your services, engaging with BME communities and understanding the health and mental health care needs of tese communities. We take referrals from a range of services (and self referrals)
To find out more contact Community Development Manager on 01603 432 457.
Referral information for GPs/clinicians only
See information on individual services.
- Street: Sale Road
- Postcode: NR7 9TP
- City: Norwich
- County: Norfolk
- Telephone: 01603 432 457
- Fax: 01603 433 268